COVID- 19 Response
Independence Center is now reopen. Hours are Monday through Saturday 11-7 and Sunday 12-6.
Individual store and restaurant hours may vary. Some stores may be offering pick-up. Please check directly with stores and restaurants for specific details.
The safety and health of our guests, employees, and community is always our top priority. We will continue to comply with all local, state and federal laws and mandates to ensure a safe environment.
To help meet the needs of the community, we are taking the following steps to place your health and safety above all else:
Should I wear a face mask when visiting Independence Center?
Face masks are required while you are at Independence Center per mandate from Jackson County. You can read the mandate here.
Is the Play Area open?
The Play Area will be closed until further notice.
Other Social Distancing and Safety Precautions:
- Our cleaning staff has a cleaning plan that will ensure we are getting high touch point areas cleaned every hour.
- Food court tables have been spaced out to meet the phase 1 reopening guidelines.
- Soft seating and benches have been arranged to allow appropriate space for social distancing.
- Orange arrows on the ground will direct shoppers to move in a counter-clockwise motion throughout the center. This allows traffic to move in one direction and will help us all maintain a safe 6ft distance.
- Each store has their own maximum capacity. Most of our stores will only be allowing 25% of their maximum capacity at a time. Stores over 10,000 sq. ft will only allow 10% of maximum capacity.
- If a store is at capacity, they will ask that you wait to enter and maintain a 6ft distance from others while waiting.
See our full Social Distancing Protocol here.
Where should I go for information on COVID-19?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is the best resource for useful, factual and up-to-date information on the virus. For more information, visit